zaterdag 22 maart 2014

Life in Vancouver - Chapter four

‘Being human’ can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.
On some days we should all receive a medal for simply getting get out of bed
or a golden statue for making it through the day.
I too experience it sometimes, 
so I get it.

But then again… there’s also those days
in which I'm blown away
by the opposite side of the scale
where one piece of magic
simultaneously announces the next.

Thursday was one of those days for me.

It all started with… a crocodile.
Half a crocodile to be precise; he was missing a belly.
There was also a dog.
A smiling, jumping dog with big eyes.
They were birthed by clouds,
only meant to live a 'one-minute-life'.
But our eyes had scanned them
and our inner child came alive because of that.
To Mr. Crocodile and Mr. Dog;
your short lived lives were more than meaningful.

We sat on a bench at the park,
when my friend gave me his sunglasses.
They were big and black
with a fancy touch of gold on the side.
I felt like a celebrity.
Me… the Belgian celebrity,
undercover in Vancouver.
I could be that woman!
Correction; I was that woman.
My friend played along with me
and shape shifted into
my own private bodyguard.
He was pure perfection in the Land of Laughter.

We reached a crosswalk
and I caught myself skipping.
I had no idea what hit me,
but apparently ‘it’  had hit my friend as well
as he started dancing while crossing the street.
It was the funniest little dance I’d ever seen.
Hilarious. 


And just when I thought that it couldn’t get any better...
other people got involved.
Lots of other people.
It happened naturally…
almost accidentally.

But willingly and very playfully
we all ripped open our adult skin suits,
and unleashed our inner child.
Boundless freedom erupted in the air.

Laughter got shared
and so called ‘strangers’
became the
 high light in each other’s day.
All of us were brought together
to carve out that one moment of bliss.
Improvised bliss,
bound to be remembered.

On days like this...
meeting people for the first time
can be a very intimite and memorable experience.


 




 

 
 

1 opmerking:

  1. Amai Kristien waaw zo tof!
    Ik zag gisteren op youtube iets in dienen aard, 'dance walking'. Als ik jouw verhaal lees word ik blij, vrolijk en content, dankbaar dat de mensen hun 'adult suites' uitdoen en meedansen! Hun innerlijke kind impulsen achterna!
    Hmm..

    Sweet!
    Bedankt voor je mooi verhaal!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen