zaterdag 5 juli 2014

To the woman in the mirror...


It took me a while to “see” you, but now I do. I really do.
I see your light.
I see your brilliance.
I see your pureness.
You are so beautiful. Stunningly beautiful.

As I stare at you in the mirror, I can’t stop smiling. You make me giggle.
For no reason in particular, you just do.

And so today, I want to celebrate you. I want to celebrate your rollercoaster of a journey.
You made it. You survived every heart break and every breakdown.
Welcome Home now. Welcome Home.

I know how much darkness you have willingly faced and surrendered to for the past months.
I know how challenging it has been for you.
I was there with you when devastation moved through your body like a drunken hurricane.
I was right beside you when you felt so vulnerable, fragile, broken and lonely.
I watched you cry yourself to sleep.
I watched you lying on the floor, paralyzed and terrified because this was beyond your understanding and way beyond your control.
I have felt your pain, every piece of it. I have felt the invisible animals nibbling on your bones. I have felt the unperceivable hand moving your heart a couple of inches to the right while you were wide awake. I have felt every earth quake on a cellular level and every wave of energy that skulked ruthlessly through your veins.
I have felt your despairing thirst for clarity and your hopeless hunger for some kind of relief.

And yet I knew that this was your journey.
All I could do was love you through it, one moment and one breath at the time.

Hereby I acknowledge your impeccable courage, your immaculate strength, your relentless willingness to allow the intolerable to be felt and the unacceptable to be accepted.
I admire the Love that you always showed up with. It was the most gentle cradle in which every shadow was given permission to be born.
I honor your willingness to be the one who loves the most. Your bravery is astonishing.
I prize all the roles that you have played. The ones that you loved equally to the ones that made you feel worthless, ashamed or guilty.

I am deeply moved and touched  by the person you have become as a result of this.
And I am childlike curious to see the next version of who you’ll be.

Never ever have I loved you so much and so unconditionally.
I apologize for the delay. I've been ignorant to who you truly are.

I can’t promise that I will see you in this light every moment of every day.
But what I can promise though, is that I’ll be there for you.
I will be there for you when Life crushes you and rips you apart…
I will be there for you when Life spoils you to pieces…
and everything in between.


That’s how loved and treasured you truly are.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten