woensdag 17 juli 2013

Vancouver Angel Three... For Sofia with love.


Angels come in all different shapes and forms.
Some wear glasses, others wear hats.
Some are rather chubby and others are really skinny.
They do have one thing in common though:
they’re all disguised as humans.
Some just pull off a better acting job than others.

My new friend sucks at pretending to be human…
Anyone (and I mean ANYONE) can see
that she’s a living, breathing, walking, little angel.
Yeah…she’s probably the worst actress in this whole wide Universe.

She’s only been on the Planet for three and a half years,
I guess she hasn’t had enough time yet
to polish her acting skills.
I love that about her.
And I am honored
to call this little angel
my very precious friend.

She can be quite a pain in the ass, little Sofia.
She talks and talks,
but never finishes her sentences.
She pokes me when I’m reading a very good book
and she never seems to listen when I speak.
She also turns her back on me
when something interesting catches her eye.
And by ‘something’, I mean ‘anything’…
Damn… she can be a pain in the ass!

But boy, do I love her.

She showed me all the butterflies,
that I would have missed out on otherwise.
She brought a spider web to my attention
and summed up all the colors that were reflected by the sun.
She kissed my hand when I got stung by a bee
and told me to put some cream on it.
She  found a stone in the water
and danced because of that…
whilst yelling how beautiful it was.
I’d never seen a stone as shiny as this one.
She laughed as if the world depended on it
and the both of us together,
waved joyfully at the sun.

Today was a good day. A very good day!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten