zaterdag 20 juli 2013

Vancouver Angel Four... For Oliver with love.



I don't know much about Oliver.
Somehow, it doesn't seem to matter.
I do know that I loved him
from the second I laid my eyes on him.
It was this ‘instant love'
that happens when you meet a ‘Vancouver Angel’.


He was playing basketball by himself
and he was totally ‘in the zone’.
There was something about him that glued my feet to the ground.
My mind couldn’t figure it out
but I was totally Ok with that.


I stared at him for a while…
until my presence pulled him ‘out of the zone’,
back into the so called ‘reality’ of life.
By the first words he spoke,
I knew I’d write about him someday.

Oliver says he has more questions than answers.
He calls himself a ‘Seeker of Truth’.
I so relate to that…

Oliver doesn’t look away when you talk to him,
not even for a few seconds.
It feels as if he can read your whole identity
within the irises of your eyes.
Above all that…
he seems to be fearless about what he might discover there.
That’s powerful.
I used to be intimidated by that.

Oliver doesn’t get lost within his own stories
and thus he can be fully present
with whomever sits in front of him.
You get his full attention
and his unspoken invitation,
to step out of time with him.

He understood my love for life, because he experiences it too.

When I shared with him
how confusing it is
to feel ‘at home’
in two different countries…
he simply listened and held space for me.

He’s not the type of guy that gives you free advice;
you need to ask for it.
Wise people seem to have that in common.
At least from my perspective.

But I felt like a kid
that wanted to know the answer to a riddle.
And so I asked.

His answer was so simple
that it had to be true;
“Why don’t you take it one step at the time?”
I smiled…
because I knew he was right.
I was living the ‘future’ in the ‘now’…
confusion was but
the logical result.

And so we stepped ‘out of time’ again
and enjoyed the rest of our conversation.

I don’t know much about Oliver.
But I do know one thing:
He seems to embody the life giving Truth
that love doesn’t wait for feedback.

Love simply Loves.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten